- Complete the application form online at www.garfieldwestonawards.ca. A link to your application form will be emailed to you.
- Ensure that you are entering college studies and that your program is eligible.
- Print off the PDF copy of your application form. This will be generated only after you have answered the last question in the form.
- Find a reference to complete Page 8. Choose someone who is not a relative but who knows you and your activities well. Provide him or her with a copy of your completed application.Your reference must hand write of glue his or her comments directly into the allotted space.
- Ask your school for a transcript or official marks print-out.
- Use only the space provided. Extra pages, including additional reference letters, will be discarded.
- Your complete application package must include the following:
- One original application with an official transcript and personal statement if required (See Additional Information for Adult Learners).
- Two photocopies of the complete application, each including photocopies of your transcript.
- One additional copy of the first page (page 4) of the application. Note: Do not submit pages 1 to 3. Double sided printing is appreciated.
Information for adult learners - Personal Statement
Adult learners are asked to submit one additional page which should include a brief biographical sketch, a more extensive employment history, and a paragraph about why they have decided to pursue college studies. Adult learners are those individuals who have been out of school for at least three years.
Mailing instructions & deadline information
- All applications must be received (not postmarked) by March 28th, 2012.
- Applications must be sent using Canada Post services only. These include: regular mail, Priority Courier and Xpresspost that do not require a signature.
- Applications sent by fax, hand delivered or mailed through private couriers (such as Purolator, Fedex, etc.) are not accepted.
- Mail completed entrance applications to:
The Canadian Merit Scholarship Foundation
Entrance W. Garfield Weston Awards
460 Richmond Street West
Toronto, ON M5V 1Y1
- Applicants who provide an accurate email address will receive confirmation of receipt in mid-April.